1Physical Properties of Acrylic Sheet
- Has the highest ligh transmittance among all kinds of plastic sheets
- Light transmittance: 92-93%
- Thickness is positively related to light-guide performance
- Low specific gravity(1.19); only half weight of glass
- Great anti-shatter performance: 7 to 18 times better than glass
- lmpact strength is 10 times higher than that of glass:
- lmpact strength remains unchanged at a low (-50℃) or high (100℃) temperature
- Graet weatherability and aging-resistance
- Great thermoformability
- Good oil and chemical resistance
- Acid and alkali resistant
Acrylic sheets are softened with heating at 100℃ or over. To prevent from becoming soft, please keep units beyond the place over 100℃.
|Scratch||The hardness of surface is equivalent to aluminum, thus be careful to surface protection during process. If there are scratches on the surface of acrylic sheets, polish them with cleaner used for brass that can remove its brilliant surface.|
|Cleaning||Due to acrylic sheet with static electricity, clean the surface with soft and dry cloth wetted 1% soap water when there are dust on the surface.|
|Swell||The coefficient of heat is larger and its tension is about nine times of other metal materials. Remain enough space for its contractility to variable temperature while you install and fix acrylic sheets steady.|
3Special Instruction Under Installation
|Reserve enough space for contractility, the elasticity of cast acrylic sheet per meter is as following, according to the temperature.|
After finishing processed acrylic novelties at 10℃, the temperature raises to 50℃ 1000 x 6 x 10-5 x (50-10) = 2.4m/m (elongation)
After finishing processed acrylic novelties at 30℃, the temperature falls to -10℃ 1000 x 6 x 10-5 x (30+10) = 2.4m/m (shrinkage)
You can consult general settlements to prevent from troubles as following
1. Reserve the frame for contractility
2. MaKing ellipical hole with screw
3. Cushion material as elastic as rubber
4. Making acrylic novelties into unprominent shape
5. Using form to increase the cross-sectional coefficient avoiding interior stress
1. Forming acrylic sheets into wave, wrap and through to increase cross-sectional coefficient in order to prevent trans formation from the weight of acrylic sheet itself and lasing.
2. Increasing thickness of acrylic sheet as larger length and dimension.
3. Counting thickness, tension tolerance and bending strength of acrylic sheet to endure wind pressure on the surface.